If you are having issues with Crashing with any of our Products, while using the latest version of Windows 10, this is the cause.
Microsoft has removed support for WMA in the way we were using it in our products in the latest version of Windows 10. You can either Import as MP3, MP3+G or zip and no longer have any issues, or do the following.
- Download this file Here
- Extract the files to EACH MTU program you have installed on your computer, such as for Video Hoster C:\Program Files(x86)\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster. Put the 2 files in the above zip file in that folder. Then it will work fine.
Microstudio – C:\Program Files(x86)\Micro Technology Unlimited\Microstudio
Keyrite – C:\Program Files(x86)\Micro Technology Unlimited\Keyrite
Karaoke Home Producer (KHPro) – C:\Program Files(x86)\Micro Technology Unlimited\KHPro
Vogone – C:\Program Files(x86)\Micro Technology Unlimited\Vogone
Vogone Easy – C:\Program Files(x86)\Micro Technology Unlimited\Vogone Easy
Songverter – C:\Program Files(x86)\Micro Technology Unlimited\Songverter
For those running into a random Error stating “Incorrect Parameters” while running Hoster, make sure you do as stated in this Knowledge base article from Microsoft.
If you still have issues, then please let us know.
Where do I type my RegCode into your Demo Products?
You can’t enter the RegCode into the Demo Software. You must go to your Store account and download the Full version. They are 2 totally seperate products.
My new drive does not show up in your software
1. Make sure you have the latest Microstudio version by running it, and click the Help menu About (MTU PROGRAM NAME) to see what version you are running. If you don’t have the latest version, read these instructions. If your download link is older than 12 months or the latest version is not available from your download link, purchase the upgrade.
2. Update all drivers for your motherboard to the latest versions for USB, IDE and Chipset drivers. These are available from the web site for your Motherboard manufacturer, or computer company.
3. If the drives still do not appear, something is in your computer is not allowing MTU to access your drive. You need to:
A. Backup all critical data and files
B. Reformat the computer hard drive (which will erase/delete/remove everything on the hard drive)
C. Reinstall Windows
D. Reinstall Microstudio and other MTU programs
E. Reinstall any other programs
F. Restore all backed up data
Your drives should now appear.
When I go to install the latest update, it tells me I have to remove the old version. Will this remove all my music too?
Any updates to any of our programs will never touch your Imported Music. The updates will only remove and reinstall the program itself.
What is the difference between Software and Hardware decoding for CD+G?
Hardware decoding means that the drive itself has a chip inside of it that can error correct the CD+G data. In 2006, only Plextor drives have hardware decode, and not all of their drives have it. This list have hardware decoding: http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?action=kb&article=16
This lIst of Plextor drives do NOT have Hardware decoding: http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?action=kb&article=12
Software Decoding means that the drive sends the data from the CD to our program in Raw format. The software then must decode (error correct) the CD+G graphics and audio. All optical drives can provide audio, but not all can provide the graphics. Also if the drive does work to give you the graphics you might get alot of broken or splotchy graphics due to the error correction. Software error correction only fixes some errors that are fixed by Hardware decoding. Thus, Plextor drives that have Hardware decoding always give the best imported tracks with fewer graphic errors.
How to reset Micrsotudio settings to default.
|WARNING! DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! Be sure you follow this exactly. If you delete the wrong Registry Keys, Windows on your computer could be damaged, requiring it to be re-installed.
- Left click the Start Menu and click Run.
- Type in regedit and click OK or Open.
- Go to the very top of the Registry Editor. It you already see the Registry Keys expanded below, skip this step and go to the next step. Click the + beside My Computer.
- Click the + Beside HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Click the + beside SOFTWARE
- Click the + beside Micro Technology Unlimited
- Click the + beside Microstudio
- Click Default to select it. WARNING! Be VERY careful to have this exact location selected. If not and you proceed, you could damage your Windows installation, requiring it to be re-installed to fix it. BE VERY CAREFUL! With Default selected, press the Delete Key Click Yes when it asks you if you are sure.
- Click the X in the Top Right corner to close the Registry Editor.
- Open Microstudio. It will be as if you started from scratch.
I downloaded the newest version of Microstudio (or Hoster) and imported a song. I tried to play the song and all i got was a black screen with no audio.
This can occur under Hoster 3.310 and later and Microstudio 3.000 and later only as they are using the newer MMC commands to support using other drives for CD+G. The only fix to this is to replace your drive. It means your drive does not support the formats we are using, you will have to replace your drive with one that will work.
How do I get Kma files into Microstudio?
Upgrade to the latest version of Microstudio, as it now fully supports burning and playing .kma files from Hoster.