Hoster 4.0 Issues Part 2
Here are some things to Try first if you have any problems with Hoster 4.0
NOTE: Hoster 3.400 was also installed with Hoster 4.0. This is located at C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Hoster34.exe – This version is the same as Hoster 3.321 which was the last stable version before releasing 4.0. If you have any problems you can run this version if you need to, without having to uninstall version 4.0. It was built with the same security as a backup if you experience any problems. You can also make a short cut to this if you need.
1) You MUST have all the Windows Updates, as stated here http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?action=kb&article=84
2) You MUST have Internet Explorer 7.0 Installed. It will be installed from the Updates above or you can get it from herehttp://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx
3) You MUST have Windows Media Player 11 installed, it will also be in the Updates or you can get it herehttp://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx?displang=en&qstechnology=
4) Download Hoster 4.02 it was released August 5, 2008. You can get it from here http://www.mtu.com/support/customer-support.htm#Downloads
5) Any Syncing issues or Audio/Video issues is due to your Audio/Video card drivers needing to be updated to support Windows Media player 11. Please go to the manufacturers website and get the very latest drivers for your Sound card and Video card. Then let us know if you still have a problem.
6) Error Stating the Following: Download Version 4.01 this was FIXED July 18, 2008. You do this from #4 Above.
An error has occurred in the script on the page
Error: Could not set the size property, Invalid Property value Enter a value greater than zero.
It then ask if i want to continue running scripts on this page.
I select yes, I get this:
” An error has occurred in the script on the page
Error: An interface has too many methods to fire events from
7) Any errors stating 1004 are due to not having Internet Explorer 7.0 Installed. Install this to fix this error. Any errors dealing with Memory not being available is also caused by Internet Explorer 7.0. Install this to fix these errors.
Audio dropouts, playing slow and/or distortion after installing WMP11
There are two options to fix this.
- Install the latest drivers for BIOS/AUDIO/VIDEO for the computer (laptop or desktop)
- UnInstall WMP11
To uninstall WMP11 follow these steps.
- Click the Start button,
- Select “Control Panel”
- Double click the “Add or Remove Programs” Icon
- Locate the “Windows Media Player 11” entry (if not found at the top then look for it under “Windows XP – Software Updates”
- Click “Remove”
- Locate the “Windows Media Format 11 Runtime” entry (if not found at the top then look for it under “Windows XP – Software Updates”
- Click “Remove”
- Restart your computer
This error can happen if IE6 is installed. Installing IE7 should fix it. However, there are some new reports that this happens even with IE7 this is most likely because they do not have all the Windows updates for IE7 but I am unsure which update is the one that does it. Update: I fixed a settings.h bug that could have caused the (1004) Windows error.
Fire Events Script Error:
an error has occurred in the script on this page.
error an interface has to many methods to fire events from
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page
This error means that DirectX overlay is not turned on or you are running an old version of DirectX. DirectX 9.0c should be what you have installed. If not, please do the Windows Updates, click CUSTOM, not EXPRESS, and find the DirectX download.
If you have 9.0c, do the following:
1. Click the Start button,
2. Select Run and enter dxdiag
3. If using XP go to the “Display” tab
4. In the middle of the page you will see “DirectX Features”
5. Enable both directdraw acceleration and direct3D acceleration
Video files with DRM will not play in Hoster
.wmv files that have DRM may not play in hoster due to not supporting DRM. Apparently, some user still have .wmv files with DRM. I will come up with a fix for this.
Adding a new brand will cause the cursor to start at the beginning of the “Brand” field every time you type in one (1) letter. (after each letter it goes back to the beginning of the field)
WINDOWS VISTA BEST PERFORMANCE
TURN OFF SIDEBAR
Right click on the sidebar or go to the “Windows Sidebar” icon on your tray. Click “Properties” uncheck the start Sidebar when Windows starts” checkbox. Restart computer.
TURN OFF AERO
Right click on the desktop and select “Personalize”. Select “Window Color and Appearance” and unclick “Enable transparency”. Open the classic appearance properties and choose either “Windows Vista Basic”, “Windows Standard” or “Windows Classic”. Restart computer.
TURN OFF Visual Effects
Open Control Panel and select “System”. Go to “Advanced system settings” and select the “Advanced” Tab. Click the Setting button under the “Performance” area and click “Adjust for best performance” in the “Visual Effects” tab. Restart computer.
SET WMP SPEED
Open windows media player and right click the menu bar. Select “Tools” then “Options…” Go to the “Performance” Tab and select “Choose connection speed:” set it to “LAN (10 Mbps or more)”. Close WMP.
TURN OFF VIDEO ACCELERATION
Open windows media player and right click the menu bar. Select “Tools” then “Options…” Go to the “Performance” Tab and un-select the “Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV Files”. Close WMP.
ALLOW WMP To PLAY LOCAL FILES
Select “Internet Options” and then select the “Advanced” tab. Scroll down to the “Secuirty” section and select “Allow active content to run in files on My Computer”. Also, select “Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer”. Restart computer.