Moving Hoster installation to a different computer without MTU
New Feature! Move Your Installation Without MTU!
Hoster 4.0 has a new MTU feature that allows you to remove it from one computer and install it on a new computer; immediately or later.
For example… if your show computer crashes at 5:15PM before your Saturday show at 9:00PM, because it is “dead” it cannot go on-line to remove Hoster. However, your backup computer can.
Run the Hoster Installation program on your backup computer, select REMOVE and finish. This removes the Hoster program, leaving all KMA files, Songbook, Singers Database, etc. on your backup computer. Then, run the Hoster Installation program on your new computer (it must be on-line to register Hoster, but not required to run it). You are back up and running in minutes, without MTU help.
To REMOVE and allow RE-INSTALLING requires the computer to be on-line to connect to the mtu.com web site. If you are not on-line, removing Hoster will NOT allow re-installing on another computer.
- Go to My Account and login. Scroll down to find your Products, Registration Codes and Download links.
- Use the Windows Explorer program to find the Hoster4xxsetup.exe file (4xx would be the version number 400, 401, 402, etc.) after you download it to your computer, or on the Hoster CDROM. If you cannot find it:
- Click the Tools menu, then Find command, then Find Files and Folders command.
- In the Named: field, enter Hoster4xxsetup.exe (replace the 4xx with the correct 400, 401, 402, etc. version number)
- In the Look in: field, click the drop down list and select My Computer.
- Click the Find button.
- In the window below, double click on the filename to start installing.
- You can install Hoster under the Administrator or any User on your computer. For Vista, you must have Admin Privileges.
- Hoster installs on your C drive under the C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster folder.
- Hoster 4.0 requires your computer to be on-line to the Internet to register, but not required to run. A dial-up connection (or faster) works fine.
- If a prior version of Hoster is found, it is automatically updated. Your Registration Code, Email, name, address, etc., preferences such as colors, fonts, screen sizes, and KMA files are not removed or changed.
- If you bought a Hoster Upgrade (instead of a Full version), the first computer you install it on requires that a prior version of Hoster be found already installed.
- Read the License Agreement and click Yes if you agree. If you continue, you legally accept the terms and conditions of this License.
- In the screen that requests your name and address, enter them so we can contact you if needed.
- When the Registration Email and Registration Code screen appears, enter these from your Account above. Enter a name for this computer that is unique from any others you will install MTU software on so we can help you with THIS computer if needed in the future. Click Next.
- Installing Hoster DISABLES the Windows XP Autorun for all CD/DVD drives on the computer (Vista may perform differently). If Autorun is enabled, it can take 5 to 10 times longer to import a disc.
- If any error messages appear, read and follow the instructions to correct the problem.
- When the last screen appears with a Finish button at the bottom, click it to complete the installation.
CONGRATULATIONS! Your Hoster is installed and you are ready to enter the Karaoke Digital Age.