Recently we’ve had quite a few calls from customers who have not updated their Windows® properly before installing an upgrade or new install of our software. I just want to remind everyone that you need to do a custom update of your Windows®.
MTU Support is available to answer your questions if you have difficulty installing our software on your first computer. Here’s the link for what to do to get your questions answered: http://www.mtu.com/support/customer-support.htm
|How To Correctly Perform Windows Updates|
- Updates are found at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST use Windows Internet Explorer to gather your updates. You CANNOT use Netscape, Firefox, Opera, etc. or any other Browser.
- When the page above appears, click the Custom button. Your computer will be scanned for what updates need to be installed. DO NOT click the Express button as it will not fully update YOUR computer.
- In the left column, select (click) all items under Optional Software.
- Click Install to start the installation.
- Once the updates are installed, if you see a message to restart the computer, you must do this before continuing.
- Repeat these steps again until you see 0 items to be installed.
- If you had problems installing your MTU software, try again and it should now work.