Error: Serial Number does not match Registration Information.
Make sure ALL Windows Updates from Microsoft are installed on your computer. You must turn the computer off for some of them to complete installation.
Be sure you are installing the latest version of the software you have purchased. Click here to read how to get into to your Store Account.
REASON #1: This message appears if you have a USB Memory Stick (Flash Drive) plugged into the computer or a Floppy Disk in the drive.
- If a USB Memory Stick is plugged into your computer, our newer Installation programs create a file on it for registering on a different computer.
- When installing the program, this file will automatically be found and used.
- If you do not realize a USB Memory Stick is installed, the screen to enter the Registration Code and Registration Email will not appear.
- If this happens, remove the USB Memory Stick (or Floppy Disc) and run the installation program again.
- You should now see the screen to enter your Registration Code and Registration Email.
- Follow the instructions that appear to complete the registration.
REASON #2: This error can occur when upgrading Hoster 2.0xx or 2.2xx older versions using the Upgrade selection when Installing Hoster 3.108 and above . MTU upgraded the product security to fix a problem in the older installation programs. The older information causes this error.
- The computer must be connected to the Internet before Step 5
- Run the Hoster Installation program and select the “Remove” option (not Update)
- Reboot the computer
- Make sure the computer is connected to the Internet.
- Run the Hoster Installation program a second time. Enter your Original Registration Code and the Upgrade Code Information if asked for (newer versions don’t require this). Follow all instructions displayed, and be sure to click the Finish button.
- Restart the computer.
- Hoster should now work correctly.